Daily Archives: September 16, 2011
I made these last summer for my cousin’s BBQ for all the surgery residents. I kinda cheated for the cupcake portion and used the Sprinkles mix Jessica gave to Terry for her birthday, but the cream cheese frosting is from scratch?
Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
(Red Velvet Cupcakes)
-Sprinkles Red Velvet Cupcake Mix
-unsalted butter, room temperature (1 stick)
-salt (1/2 tsp)
-distilled white vinegar (1 tsp)
(Cream Cheese Frosting)
-16 oz. cream cheese, softened
-unsalted butter (one stick), softened
-vanilla extract (1 tsp)
-powdered sugar, sifted (2 1/2 cups)
-salt (1 tsp)
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F. Beat butter and sugar in an electric mixer for 3 minutes on medium speed until light and fluffy.
2) Add eggs, one at a time, beating until each is fully incorporated. Scrape down sides of bowl.
3) Add salt and cupcake mix. Keep mixin’! :O
4) Scoop into cupcake papers (~50-75% full) and bake for 18-22 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean).
5) Let cool.
1) Mix butter and cream cheese with flat mixer. Scrape down sides periodically.
2) Add vanilla extract, then powdered sugar, and mix.
3) Spread onto cupcakes.
I had no idea I was part of this picture, hence the expression. ._. But look how proud I am of the fact that I no longer have a forehead! :O