Daily Archives: December 20, 2011
If avocados weren’t so expensive, I’d hella make this all the time. :o
Sorry about the picture. :/ I should’ve turned on flash…and perhaps also not waited until we’d finished half the bowl/it’d been sitting for a while. :[ It was amazing though, just so you know.
– 3 Haas avocados (halved, seeded, peeled)
– 2-3 limes (depending on how lime-y you want it; juiced)
– 1 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
– 2 cloves of garlic (add more if you like stronger garlic taste), minced
– 1/2 of one medium sized onion, diced
– 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
– 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper
– 1/2 tsp of cumin
– 1/2 tsp of kosher salt
1) Put scooped avocados into a mixing bowl, pour (or squeeze, if you didn’t juice) lime juice over avocados evenly (to prevent avocados from browning/give them more flavor).
2) Drain and reserve the lime juice. Add the cayenne, cumin, and salt, then use a potato masher (or spoon+fork) and mash the avocados.
3) Fold in cilantro, onion, and tomatoes. Add reserved lime juice.
4) Let sit at room temp for 1 hour, and serve!