Daily Archives: December 24, 2011
Pesto Pasta, Veggies & Smashed Potatoes
I wrote this elsewhere about 1.5 years ago and don’t feel like editing it because it’s still how I feel. :O Just pretend you’re traveling back in time. :]
Over the past weekend, Jun randomly called me up after I finished overloading my brain from class and asked if I was free. Needless to say, I was rather overjoyed, since I thought he’d been planning on just staying in Davis until we were all forced to move out, kicking and screaming. What I’d had planned for the weekend entailed watching all 30 episodes of 金枝慾孽 over again, which, I admit, I still want to do sometime, but I’ll take human company over “煲帶” [almost] any day (depends on the series and depends on the people).
So imagine my surprise when he gets to my front door, it’s him AND Rey! :O :O :O (Nadia had to work. :[ But I will see her this weekend!)
I ended up staying over for the weekend, and since his brother was in Las Vegas for the weekend and his parents were in HK, we got a small glimpse of what it’d be like if we could all live in the same house together. In a word, fun. :] I think we like each other/enjoy each other’s company a little too much, but that’s perfectly fine with me. If Rey and I could get into the same school, it’d be freaking awesome. :D She says that with my personality, I will easily find other people to replace them, and I will be like, “Rey? Who’s that?” But I refute with this:
F (to current roommates): Is your name Rey? >:O No? GTFO. :O
If I couple it with a fob accent, they’ll have to take me seriously.
I’m a terrible person. But I think, if it all came down to that, I’d just sublet my place and move out to live with them.
Anyway, we made dinner together! :D
Pesto Pasta with Meatballs
-2/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil (harvested from Suzanna’s backyard)
-1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
-1/3 cup olive oil
-2 tbsp pine nuts (which we recently learned, is also called “pignolias” wtf)
-1/2 tsp salt
-1 clove garlic, peeled
-pepper, to taste
1) Combine all ingredients and blend/process in blender/food processor.
2) Boil pasta. Boil meatballs (from Suzanna’s uncle; they were delicious and full of awesome; sadly, I know not where he obtained them from).
3) We also added chopped heirloom tomatoes to add even more goodness to the pasta.
Broccoli & Mushrooms
-Porcini + white button mushrooms, sliced
1) Honestly, what more can I say? :\ Cook em’ and throw em’ in with the pasta! :O
1) Boil potatoes and bake in conventional oven with olive oil, garlic powder, sea salt, pepper, rosemary and thyme.
2) When they’re done, smash em’! :O And drizzle with pesto sauce.