Daily Archives: February 28, 2012
We used frozen strawberries because I had a ton of them and fresh ones were really expensive. I think it turned out fine? :O The original recipe called for more sugar and 2 cups of regular flour, so we changed some stuff up, but they turned out really well. :] You can definitely taste both the strawberry and the lemon. <3
Strawberry Lemonade Muffins
-1 cup all-purpose flour
-1 cup whole wheat flour
-1 1/2 tsp baking powder
-6 tbsp butter, room temperature
-3/4 cup sugar
-1 tbsp lemon zest
-2 large eggs
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
-1 1/2 cups finely chopped strawberries
1) Preheat oven to 375F. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners.
2) In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder.
3) In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in lemon zest, then blend in the eggs one at a time.
4) Stir in about 1/3 of the flour mixture to the butter mixture. Mix well, then add in vanilla extract and half of the lemon juice. Add another third of the flour, followed by the remaining juice and the remaining flour mix. 5) Stir until just combined and no streaks of dry ingredients remain. Mix in finely chopped strawberries quickly, just to distribute them evenly into the batter.
6) Spoon batter out into prepared muffin cups. The muffin cups should be very full. (They don’t puff up by that much.)
7) Bake for ~20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, or with only a few moist crumbs attached.
8) Cool on a wire rack. (Makes 12 muffins!)