Daily Archives: March 29, 2012
This one’s arguably one of my most popular recipes. :D! I’ve probably made it the most times out of…basically anything while I’ve been out here. :O Here’s the original recipe.
Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake Bars
-1 cup frozen strawberries, diced/minced (can also be fresh)
-1 tbsp cornstarch
-1 3/4 cups cinnamon graham crackers, finely crushed
-1/4 cup butter, melted
-2 8 oz. packages cream cheese, softened
-1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
-2 large eggs
-1/3 cup lemon juice
-1 tsp vanilla extract
1) Heat oven to 350 F. If you have a blender, puree the strawberries. If not, dice/mince em’ as best you can. No one complained when I did that, so you should be in the clear. :O
2) In a saucepan, combine the strawberry puree and cornstarch. Cook and stir until thickened. Cool.
3) Combine graham cracker crumbs and butter in a small bowl. Press firmly on bottom of baking pan.
4) In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Add eggs, lemon juice and vanilla. Mix well and pour over crust.
5) Drop strawberry mixture by spoonfuls over batter. Gently swirl with a knife or spatula. Bake 25-30 minutes until center is set. Cool. Cut into bars. Chill and serve!
[Take 3!] (no pictures: no lemon juice, but it turned out fine)
[Take 4!] Modifications: Fresh strawberries! <3