Daily Archives: June 20, 2012
My brother rarely ever eats regular food. (By regular, I mean home-cooked meals.) I’m not sure why. However, this is a dish that he says he’d gladly eat at every meal for months. :O After trying it, I basically forced my dad to teach me to make it the next day because it is indeed that amazing.
-10 oz. steak, cubed
-2-4 cloves garlic, minced
-1 fresh pineapple, cubed
-1 onion, sliced
-salt, to taste
-pepper, to taste
-2 tsp chicken essence
-3-5 tbsp sugar (to taste)
-1 heaping tbsp cornstarch
1) Cube the steak and season with meat tenderizer, salt, pepper and chicken essence. Mix until evenly distributed.
2) Cut the pineapple into cubes and add in with the beef. Let it marinate for a while (~1 hour).
3) Slice up an onion and throw it into a pot with 2 tsp of chicken essence and some garlic. Cook it up with some oil.
4) Separate the pineapple and beef since they have separate cooking times.
5) Throw in the beef with the onions and cook until beef is around 70% cooked. Take it out and throw in the pineapple.
6) Add a little water to make it more saucy (heh heh heh). Add 3-5 tbsp sugar depending on how sweet you want it.
7) Drain the sauce into a bowl and add 1 heaping tbsp of cornstarch to thicken and smooth out the sauce.
8) Combine everything again and serve with rice.