Daily Archives: July 19, 2012
I guess it’s kinda been a long while since I’ve posted a recipe. My apologies! I have less than a week left to hang out with people I like, so I’ve basically been running around doing that. >_>
Back when I was living in NJ, one of my housemate’s friends made this for her on her birthday. She [we] liked it so much that she went over to learn how to make it, and here we are now. <3
-2 cups graham crackers
-1/4 cup walnuts
-1/2 tsp cinnamon
-1/2 stick butter
-2 packages cream cheese
-3 cups sour cream
-1 cup sugar
-1/4 tsp salt
-2 tsp vanilla
-1/2 tsp almond extract
-blueberries (can be any fruit)
-instant tapioca pudding
-1/2 tsp of cinnamon
-1 tbsp vanilla
1) (Crust) Crush graham crackers, chop walnuts and add cinnamon then butter at room temperature. Mix well with hands (should be a bit sticky, if dry add more butter).
2) Press into the sides and bottom of a spring form pan.
3) (Filling) Mix well in mixer and add to spring form pan. Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes. The cake should expand, crack and turn brown on top when ready. Cool completely and then refrigerate.
4) (Topping) Combine berries and sugar in a sauce pan over medium heat stirring frequently for 5 minutes. Add a little extra tapioca if the fruit is very juicy; for example if you are using raspberries. Remove fruit from juice and place in a separate pot. Add tapioca to the juice and stir frequently for 10 minutes allowing the mixture to come to a boil if not stirring. Stir until the mixture thickens adding additional juice from berries.
5) Add a little corn starch to thicken if needed. Combine fruit with juice mixture, mix well and put in the refrigerator to cool. Add berry topping to cheesecake.
If you don’t add the blueberries, it becomes a plain ol’ cheesecake. :O