Daily Archives: July 26, 2012
Kahlua Carrot Cake
So I’d just like to point out that I have the most awesome friends ever. :O A couple days ago, Joanne asked if I was free for tea (hehe, I rhymed) so we went out to Verde so she could eat breakfast/I could leech wireless. This is also when she starts grilling me–“Is there anyplace you haven’t eaten at yet that you want to go to before you move again? Is there anyone you want to see that you haven’t seen yet?”
It was somewhat suspicious questioning. :O This was compounded by the fact that yesterday, she picked me up and apologized for having to run errands. (It was completely fine with me, since I don’t actually care what I do when I’m with close friends. :O It’s just nice to be able to hang out and spend time with them.) She seemed slightly shifty about it, especially when she received a phone call that I would have thought nothing of, except that I get the feeling that she’s trying to be sneaky, especially with her last line–“I’ll see you when I see you.”
To be fair, this could also be because we’ve been friends for over half our lives. :O She’s the first friend I made when I moved across town at the age of 9, so that may have accounted for some of it. It was super cute though. <3 I walked into White Shallot to find a conglomeration of all my supah speshal awsum (sorry, we like to talk like fobs when we’re around each other; it’s kinda bad) friends who were in town (along with Nadia :D who is also in on the fob accent, much to her dismay).
I love you guys and will miss you dearly while I’m gone. ;_; But at least there are still breaks to look forward to! :D!
This was originally a muffin recipe, but Jun adapted it into a cake. :]
Kahlua Carrot Cake
(Complete with a Farrah face! :D! [I use “:O” a lot.]
-1 1/2 cups sifted cake flour
-1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
-1 tsp. cinnamon
-1/2 tsp. salt
-1/2 cup vegetable oil
-1/4 cup Kahlua
-3/4 cup sugar
-1 1/2 cup grated carrots
-1/2 cup chopped walnuts
-1/2 cup milk
-3 Tbsp. flour
-1/2 cup granulated sugar
-1/2 cup butter
-1/3 cup powdered sugar
-1 tsp. real maple syrup
1) (Cake) Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2) Sift flour, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon and salt together, set aside. Spray four giant muffin tins (one-cup capacity) with non-stick spray. In large mixer bowl, beat sugar with oil, Kahlua and eggs until light. Blend in dry ingredients. Stir in carrots and nuts.
3) Pour evenly between the four muffin cups and bake on middle rack for 35 – 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. After removing from oven, cool in pan for 10 minutes on wire rack. Turn out and cool completely.
4) (Icing) In small saucepan, cook milk and flour until very thick. Let cool. In mixing bowl, cream together granulated sugar and butter.
5) Add milk and flour mixture, beat until whipped cream consistency. Add confectioners sugar and maple syrup, mix until creamy.