Whole Wheat Applesauce Muffins
I guess I’ve been hella into baking stuff lately. I snatched this recipe from Blogilates. She’s awesome, even if Sylvia and I were cursing her (we didn’t really mean it; sorry, Cassey Ho :[ you rock!) while slaving over some of her workouts this summer. I made a couple modifications, namely, accidentally forgetting the 3rd banana, the almonds, and substituting soy milk for the water.
Whole Wheat Banana Applesauce Muffins
(1 loaf or 12 muffins)
-2 medium bananas, mashed
-1/3 cup applesauce
-1/8 cup honey
-1 tsp vanilla
-1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
-2 tsp cinnamon
-1 tsp baking soda
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/4 cup soy milk
-1/2-1 cup almonds (I forgot these :X)
1) Preheat oven to 350. Whisk honey and applesauce together. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well. Stir in bananas and vanilla. In a separate bowl, mix/sift together flour/salt/cinnamon.
2) Add to large bowl of wet ingredients.
3) Stir in baking soda + water. Fold in almonds.
4) Spread into pan or muffin tin.
5) Bake 1 hour for a loaf, ~30 minutes for muffins, or remove when top is brown and it passes the toothpick test.