Daily Archives: December 11, 2012
My breadmaker arrived rather quickly! :D! I decided to start with a simpler recipe, just to make sure it worked and all that good stuff. It was unbelievably easy and it appears that I may never have to buy bread again. :O Unless I’m seriously that lazy. >_> Let’s hope not.
The only thing I’d do differently = actually slicing the bread after it cooled. I left it as a giant hunk of bread and stuck it in the refrigerator because I can’t keep it out on the table in a container (Kitler really likes eating bread and will find a way to get into it :[ ), so it’s kinda difficult to slice now. I’ve been eating it every morning with apple butter. It’s pretty awesome. :O Taken from here.
Wheat Sandwich Bread
-2 tbsp warm water
-1 cup soy milk
-3 tbsp butter (I half-melted it in the microwave)
-2 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
-2 tsp salt
-3 1/4 cups flour (2 cups whole wheat, 1 cup all-purpose white, 1/4 cup flax seed)
-2 1/4 tsp yeast
1) Add water, soy milk, and sorta melted butter into the bread pan. Add sugar, salt and flour.
2) Create a small pocket to put in the yeast, making sure that the yeast doesn’t touch the wet ingredients.
3) Insert bread pan into breadmaker and close lid. Plug it in and choose the “Whole Wheat” setting if available.
4) Select desired loaf size and crust color. Press start.
5) When it’s finished, let cool for ~20 minutes before slicing.