Daily Archives: January 19, 2013
This was originally supposed to be my/Mekala/Sylvia’s attempt at making Korean BBQ + japchae, but we didn’t have enough time, so it became this instead. It turned out pretty well. Just sayin’.
(We also couldn’t find starch noodles at the Asian market. :[ )
I usually consider using ready-made sauce to be cheating, kindasorta, but I feel we added enough other stuff to justify it. We were also pressed for time, so considering all of that, things worked out pretty well. :O
Korean-esque Stir Fry
-3 carrots, cut into thin strips
-1 cucumber, julienned
-3 garlic cloves, minced
-white button mushrooms, chopped
-1 small red onion, diced
-beef, cut into thin strips
-Korean BBQ sauce (spicy)*
*I’m not sure which brand we got but I’m sure most if not all of them would be fine?
1) Mince the garlic. Slice and carrots/cucumbers and chop/dice the mushrooms and onion. Slice the beef into thin strips.
2) Marinate beef strips in the Korean BBQ sauce with some sesame oil.
3) Boil noodles in boiling water in a big pot. When the noodles are soft, drain and put in a large bowl.
4) On a heated pan, add EVOO and heat it to medium-high. Add onions and stir until coated in oil. Continue stirring until caramelized. Then add mushrooms and minced garlic.
5) Remove onions, garlic and mushrooms from heat put it into a large bowl. Add carrot strips to pan and stir it with a spatula for about 30 seconds. Put them into the bowl. Then cook the beef.
6) Mix everything together in the large bowl and serve.
(This is what it looked like mixed.)