Daily Archives: April 26, 2013
We made these with a puff pastry crust (cheated and bought that at the store) and also with a homemade crust. Most Chinese bakeries use the puffy crust now, but I kinda prefer the non-flakey one more sometimes. The picture shown uses the puff pastry crust, which is why it’s so pretty. I’m sorry that the overall picture looks all over-exposed. It was dark, so no natural light + camera phone = not the best quality. (This recipe makes ~12 egg tarts.)
蛋塔 (Egg Tarts) v.2
-1/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
-3/4 cup all-purpose flour
-6-8 tbsp Earth Balance
-1/2 egg, beaten
-1 small dash vanilla extract
-little bit of vanilla soy milk to incorporate dough
-1/3 cup white sugar
-3/4 cup water
-4 1/2 beaten eggs
-1 dash vanilla
-1/2 cup evaporated milk
1) Preheat oven to 380-385 degrees.
2) (Dough) Mix the confectioner sugar + all-purpose flour together, then add Earth Balance (or butter), 1/2 egg, vanilla extract and milk.
3) (Filling) Mix all the filling ingredients together in a separate bowl.
4) Press the dough into muffin tins and pour in the filling.
5) Bake for 20 minutes, then turn off oven and keep the egg tarts in there until the egg sets (lessens the deflation!)