Daily Archives: April 28, 2013
I’ve made dumplings before, but this time, it’s all from scratch! We were going to use pre-made wrappers, but they went bad. (Got too busy and didn’t get a chance to use them. :'( ) Soooo…we made everything from scratch, haha.
-2 cups all-purpose flour
-3/4 cup just-boiled water
-1/4 tsp salt
-1 lb. ground turkey
-white button mushrooms, diced
-freshly ground black pepper
-rice wine vinegar
1) (Wrappers) Put flour + salt in a bowl and mix. Make a well in the middle and add water, using a wooden spoon to stir. Try to evenly moisten the flour (should be in lumpy bits).
2) If the dough doesn’t come together when you’re kneading it, add water until it does. (It shouldn’t be sticky.)
3) Transfer dough to floured flat surface (we used a wooden cutting board). Knead dough and press into small circles.
4) (Filling) Add all ingredients together and mix well.
5) Add small spoonfuls of filling into each wrapper and fold.
6) Boil a pot of water and drop em’ in. Wait til they float.
7) Fish them out and pan-fry!
Past Dumpling Madness