Daily Archives: May 12, 2013
Two recipes in a single post! Oh em gee! (I don’t think I’ve done this since 2011. >_>) It’s mainly just because I only have a picture of them together, haha. It looks lacking in veggies, but I had a salad with it, so bam! All your necessary food groups! This is part of my attempt to eat healthier food so I can actually be in the weight class I need to be in by June 1st. (I sent in my application several days ago; hope I didn’t miss the deadline and that it gets there on time! ;_; )
I’m sorry that I don’t have any measurements for the salmon recipe. (This tends to happen to all my grilled recipes, since it’s really just a matter of me adding the ingredients into a bag with the meat and then throwing it onto my Foreman grill. I love that thing. :O The coconut brown rice recipe was partially inspired by the coconut rice my friend made for a potluck a couple weeks ago. I adapted the recipe for coconut brown rice from here.
Grilled Salmon with Coconut Brown Rice
-freshly ground black pepper
1) Add all ingredients into a sandwich bag and let it marinate for a bit.
2) Throw it onto the grill (or a pan…) until salmon is cooked!
-2 cups brown rice
-1/2 can (7 ounces) coconut milk
-1/2 tsp curry powder
-1/2 tsp powdered ginger
1) Pour the rice into a rice cooker.
2) Add the coconut milk, lemon juice, curry powder, ginger, salt, and pepper. Stir it all well.
3) Add water (for me, it was up to the line that my rice cooker indicated; for you, do the same or try 3.5 cups of water?). Stir it all up. Close the lid.
4) Turn the rice cooker to the brown rice setting, then turn it on and let it cook!