Daily Archives: May 14, 2013
Alright, so I found this recipe card at Kroger and was overjoyed because I happened to buy a red snapper fillet on sale a while back (it was chillin’ in my freezer). I’m currently trying to eat all the stuff in my refrigerator before I buy anything new (also because I’m going back home in about a month), so it was perfect!
The original recipe actually called for:
- Walnuts, which I thought I had, but I apparently donated it to the cause (aka to make carrot cake for my friend’s birthday) a while back, so I subbed it with cashews.
- Garlic (…I still don’t have any), so I subbed that with garlic powder
- Seedless green grapes, but let’s face it, I’m too poor to be all fancy.
Snapper with Roasted Grapes & Cashews
-red snapper fillet
-seedless red grapes
-2 tbsp Earth Balance (or butter)
-freshly ground black pepper
1) Preheat oven to 400. Place fillet in baking pan.
2) In a large bowl, toss together grapes, cashews (or walnuts), garlic (…or garlic powder), Earth Balance (or butter), salt, pepper + thyme. Pour onto fish.
3) Bake for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
4) If you used fresh garlic cloves, lightly mash them with a fork before serving.