Daily Archives: July 15, 2013
This is under absolutely no circumstances a healthy dish. (It’s super filling/hearty though, so if you finish one, you’re basically good to go for a while.) I’d probably use a different type of cheese next time, and a ton less of it because cheddar is technically my least liked type of cheese. :O There’s definitely all types of experimentation that could go on with this recipe. I’m super curious about this red chocolate sauce Nadia used to get from her mom. We loved her forever whenever she made enchiladas. <3 Or gorditas. Or basically anything. I miss 6F days. :[
-1 taco seasoning packet (in this case, Kroger brand)
-white wine (from Trader Joe’s)
-chicken (breast or thigh)
-cheddar cheese, shredded
-chicken tortilla soup (obtained from Jim’s [a local deli in LA-ish area])
1) Cook the chicken with white wine, garlic and taco seasoning packet in a crock pot for the day. When it’s done, take the chicken out and dispose of the extra liquid.
2) Shred the chicken.
3) Preheat the oven to 350 F. Add a little cheese to the middle of a tortilla. Put 2-3-ish tbsp shredded chicken (I put a small handful; my hands are pretty small. Try not to be too greedy.).
4) Fold the enchiladas and place them in a pan lined with aluminum foil to lessen the amount of cleanup necessary. (This provides a really good visual for the amount of filling, as well as how to fold it. The enchiladas we made had a tad more than this.)
5) Pour the chicken tortilla soup over the enchiladas and top with shredded cheese.
6) Bake in oven for ~30-40 minutes.
You can also wrap em’ in foil and freeze them so you can eat them later if you can’t eat them all in one sitting!