Daily Archives: July 21, 2013
Originally, we were going to make blinis, but after my complete failure in locating a place around here that sold buckwheat flour, and after Jun forgot to bring yeast (heh heh heh), we decided to axe the plan for blinis altogether and made almond flour (what I picked up as a substitute) pancakes instead. We adapted the recipe from here. We were trying to go for a more savory pancake, so we took out the sweeteners. They came out really well! :]
Almond Pancakes with Smoked Salmon & Scrambled Eggs
-3 large eggs
-1 1/2 cups almond flour
-1/4 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp baking soda
-a few tbsp cooking oil
-1/4 cup vanilla soy milk
-sea salt, to taste
-freshly ground black pepper, to taste
4oz of Smoked Salmon
1) (Pancakes) Whisk all the wet ingredients together in a large bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and blend well.
2) Heat skillet to medium-low heat with about 1 tbsp oil.
3) Spoon 1 tbsp batter per pancake on heated skillet. When you can easily slide a spatula underneath the pancake, flip it and cook on the other side.
4) Cook for a few more minutes + place cooked pancake onto plate. Repeat for the remaining batter.
5) (Scrambled Eggs) Beat eggs in a bowl until they turn a pale yellow color.
6) Heat nonstick pan over medium-low heat. Add milk to eggs and season to taste with salt + pepper. Whisk and pour in the eggs.
7) Let the eggs cook for ~ 1 minute or until bottom starts to set. Gently push edge of eg into center of pan and tilt to let liquid egg flow underneath. Repeat until there’s no more liquid.
8) Turn off heat, then gently stir and turn egg until all uncooked parts are firm.
9) Top each pancake with smoked salmon + eggs.