I’ve been wanting to make this one for ages, and I finally
had made time the other night to cook (aka finally ran out of free food and went grocery-shopping). Recipe adapted from here! The only thing I changed = adding a purple yam (from Jun!). I found sweet potatoes on sale for 33 cents/pound, so it had to be done. This is amazing and super-cheap to make! I may add it onto the list of Thanksgiving dishes to cook up for the band. :O (Most of us are sticking around over break, so I’m hoping we can get together for food. :D
-1 large sweet potato, cut into bite-sized pieces
-1 purple yam, cut into bite-sized pieces (optional)
-1.5 gala apples, cut into bite-sized pieces
-1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
-1/2 tsp dried basil
-2 tbsp EVOO
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2) Wash and peel the sweet potato and yam. Cut them into bite-sized pieces. Wash and cut the apples into bite-sized pieces.
3) Add the sweet potatoes, yams and apples into a bowl and mix in the EVOO, cinnamon and basil. Toss until everything is well-coated.
4) Spread into a single layer on an aluminum foil-lined baking pan.
5) Bake for ~30 minutes, or until they start to look shriveled.