Daily Archives: December 19, 2013
Just for the record, I managed to pilfer several recipes from the dessert fundraiser, so I hope you’re a fan of desserts! I promise to throw in something healthy one of these days. :O …but today is not that day.
Apricot Torte Bars
-1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
-1 1/2 cup sugar
-1 1/2 cup ground nuts (walnuts, pecans, almonds)
-3/4 cup butter
-3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
-1 cup apricot preserves
1) Heat oven to 325 degrees. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together. Add vanilla extract and beat well.
2) Add flour and combine thoroughly.
3) Press half of mixture into bottom of baking pan. Bake for 20 minutes. Form remainder of dough mixture into a ball, wrap in plastic and put in freezer.
4) Spread jam evenly over baked pastry + sprinkle with nuts. Grate frozen dough over the top.
5) Bake for an additional 30 minutes. Cut into squares when cool.