Daily Archives: January 2, 2014
Earlier this year, I went over to a church friend’s house to help brew up some apple butter!
Anyway, a whole lot of apple butter was made that day and packaged into mason jars to sell for the school fundraiser. I bought two from the pastor’s son so I could bring one back here to share with my family/friends. Jun and I decided to use it as a topping for a dessert we wanted to make. I know yams and sweet potatoes are different things, but I tend to use them pretty interchangeably. :O Our Google doc basically consisted of 3 things per day (something with a bunch of protein, something with a bunch of veggies, a dessert) that we met up. :O
Baked Yam with Apples
-drizzle of honey
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Slice a yam 3/4 the way through in ~1/2 inch sections. Place sliced yam + sprinkle with cinnamon.
3) Dice an apple and place on top of potato. Drizzle with honey + finish off with chopped pecans.
4) Bake for 1.5 hours or until yam is tender.
5) Top with apple butter and serve!