Daily Archives: January 16, 2014
This one is amazing for a super-cold day. :]! Recipe adapted from here!
White Chicken Chili
-1 lb. ground chicken
-1/2 lb. turkey sausage, casings removed
-1 large onion, chopped
-5 cloves garlic, minced
-1 1/2 tbsp chili powder
-2 cans mild chopped chilies
-2 tsp ground cumin
-1 tsp dried oregano
-2 tbsp EVOO
-2 14 oz. cans of cannellini beans, rinsed + drained
-4 cups chicken stock
-1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
-1/4 cup heavy cream
-sea salt, to taste
-freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1) In a large heavy-bottom pot, add EVOO + let preheat over medium-high heat.
2) Add ground turkey + sausage and break it up with a wooden spoon as much as possible. Let cook until mostly cooked through (~4-5 minutes).
3) Add onions + garlic. Season with salt + pepper and cook for another 5 minutes or until onions have softened.
4) Add cumin, oregano + chili powder + cook spices while constantly stirring for ~30 seconds.
5) Add canned chilies, chicken stock + beans. bring to a boil, then turn heat to medium-low. Partially cover the pot + let it simmer for ~2 hours.
6) After 2 hours, increase heat to high, bring to a rolling boil, season w/ salt + pepper and add heavy cream.
7) Cook for 2 more minutes, add cilantro and serve!