Daily Archives: April 7, 2014
Not too long ago, I discovered that there was a such thing as Carrot Cake M&M’s. Yeah, you read that correctly! Carrot Cake M&M’s! I couldn’t find them at Kroger so I scoured Walmart for them (that was a load of fun). I wanted to make bird’s nest cookies that weren’t frighteningly unhealthy, so…I used this recipe for the base (I halved the amount of honey though). To be honest, they taste better without the M&M’s if you put in jam (I think the flavors clashed), so choose either the jam/fruit preserves or the M&M’s!
I’m sorry if you’re sick of seeing this plate, but it’s the only pretty plate I have, so just grin and bear it. :O
Raspberry Almond Bird’s Nest Cookies
-1 1/2 cups almond meal
-2 tsp baking powder
-5 tbsp applesauce
-2 tbsp honey (sub with maple syrup if vegan)
-1/2 tsp almond extract
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-1/2 cup raspberry jam/preserves (or fresh raspberries)
-24 carrot cake M&M’s (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
2) In a bowl, combine all ingredients except the raspberry jam
3) Drop batter onto parchment paper in 1-tsp size balls.
4) Bake cookies for 13-15 minutes or until golden.
5) Press in an indentation into the center of each cookie with the back of a teaspoon.
6) Top with a little jam or with M&M’s.