I’d like to thank The Pinterested Parent for my Sunshine Award Nomination. I don’t usually end up passing these along (aka nominating other people–exhibit A) because I’m a terrible human being, but I’m gonna try it out! You should check out her blog as well! It’s filled with ideas on crafting and food. :]!
1. Why did you start blogging?
I’ve always loved to write and I’ve kept a paper journal since March 22, 2000. That evolved into paper-journaling + a LiveJournal in junior high. I kept up with both throughout college and grad school (although I migrated from LJ to wordpress when grad school began). This blog was originally started as a way to keep my friends updated on my life while I was across the country, but it’s mostly transmuted into a recipe blog. I’ve been trying to write a little more about my actual life, but food pretty much makes up my life.
2. What is your favorite of all of the blog posts that you have ever written & why?
Hm. This one’s kinda difficult, since the majority of them are just about food. I’m going to go with this, because it’s quite possibly one of, if not the most out-of-character thing I’ve ever done in my life, and most likely the most interesting thing I’ve done all year. The fact that I didn’t lose my faith in humanity from said experience was pretty awesome in and of itself. :O
3. If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be?
The Fairy Pools in the Isle of Skye (Scotland).
4. Where is your favorite place that you’ve ever traveled to?
…Can I cheat and say Hong Kong for the shopping/street food + Hawai’i and Switzerland for their beauty?
5. What is your favorite movie?
I’m terrible with choosing just one, but for the time being, I’m going to go with Click, because it’s funny/poignant, has a pretty important underlying message and to date, is the only movie that’s ever made me tear up.
6. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
As of this moment, I’d really love to be an amazing test-taker... Life would be grand.
7. Who do you most admire?
My favorite professor of all time–Dr. Shaffrath. I class-stalked every exercise physiology course I could possibly take from him in my senior year of undergrad because he’s an amazing teacher, absolutely brilliant, and just an all-around awesome human being. I’m still firmly convinced that if he were the one teaching me all the courses I’ve ever taken, I would’ve aced them all and actually retained the knowledge.
8. What do you do in your free time other than blogging?
I spend the bulk of my time studying, but I try to make time for the following!
- Going to the gym
- Volunteering at Please Save A Cat
9. What was the last book that you read?
The 2014 version of USMLE First Aid? That’s pretty much my life right now. I haven’t finished it, but I’m desperately working to get through all of it.
10. What is your favorite memory?
This isn’t one specific memory, but the biggest stretch of awesome memories I have is from my junior and senior years of undergrad, when I was living with one, and then three of my closest friends, first learning to cook, eating awesome foods, taking classes that I adored, and just truly enjoying life and the company I kept (yes, even despite the whole taking 12 classes per quarter while working 2-3 jobs/volunteering at 2 hospitals/1 clinic and being the officer of 2 clubs bit; that just added to the fun <3). In more recent times, my favorite memories include hanging out with Trish in Philly and volunteering in the Dominican Republic.
Instructions: Post the answers as a new topic on your blog, nominate ten blogs from your blog community and make the nominees’ links active on your post. Then notify each nominee with a link back to your post. You can make up your own questions, use the ones that I did, or a combination of the two.
Here are my questions for my nominees!
1) What inspired you to start blogging?
2) What recipe have you made that you’re most proud of? (If you don’t cook, what’s something you’d like/want to make?)
3) What is/are your favorite blog(s) to read?
4) Biggest pet peeve?
5) What’s something on your bucket list?
6) If you could go anywhere for a week (assume that money isn’t an issue), where would it be?
7) If you could only eat one type of food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
8) You get one superpower. What would you choose?
9) What would you do if you knew you could not fail?
10) Favorite game (board/console/computer/etc.)?
For the record, don’t feel at all terrible about not passing it on if you don’t want to. I very much understand the lack of free time, but it would be cool to learn a little bit more about you! :] Hope everyone has a great day!