Say hello to my second breadmaker recipe! (This was the first one.) I have yet to figure out a good way to make loaves that are more friendly towards the whole slicing into sandwich-sized pieces bit, but I suppose it isn’t too big of a deal. I may just switch to eating more open-faced sandwiches, haha. I sliced it shortly after it cooled this time, so it should make life a lot easier.
I’m probably not going to do anything all that fancy with this. Aside from the apple butter my neighbor gave me, I went a little crazy at Trader Joe’s over Thanksgiving break, so I now also have mango butter, fig butter, honey apple butter and pumpkin butter. :X The possibilities are endless!!! Recipe obtained from this site.
Honey Wheat Sandwich Bread
-4 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
-1/2 tsp salt
-1 1/2 cups warm water (not too hot or it’ll kill the yeast)
-1/4 cup honey
-2 tbsp EVOO
-2 1/2 tsp yeast
1) Add ingredients into the bread pan in this order: water, honey, EVOO, flour, salt.
2) Make a small indentation in the flour and add the yeast, making sure that it doesn’t come into contact with the water.
3) Plug in the breadmaker. Select the whole wheat option, crust color (I chose light) and loaf size (I chose 2 lbs).
4) Press start. :D!
An example of what my church feeds me…
Vegetarian sloppy joes, vegetarian lasagna, homemade wheat roll, split pea soup in a bread roll, peas/corn, pasta, salad with onion vinaigrette dressing, a cookie, a date, a small brownie, a slice of cherry sponge cake and a cup of strawberries/blackberries/blueberries/pineapples. Saturdays are definitely my cheat meal days. I ate that all in one sitting. :x
My breadmaker arrived rather quickly! :D! I decided to start with a simpler recipe, just to make sure it worked and all that good stuff. It was unbelievably easy and it appears that I may never have to buy bread again. :O Unless I’m seriously that lazy. >_> Let’s hope not.
The only thing I’d do differently = actually slicing the bread after it cooled. I left it as a giant hunk of bread and stuck it in the refrigerator because I can’t keep it out on the table in a container (Kitler really likes eating bread and will find a way to get into it :[ ), so it’s kinda difficult to slice now. I’ve been eating it every morning with apple butter. It’s pretty awesome. :O Taken from here.
Wheat Sandwich Bread
-2 tbsp warm water
-1 cup soy milk
-3 tbsp butter (I half-melted it in the microwave)
-2 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
-2 tsp salt
-3 1/4 cups flour (2 cups whole wheat, 1 cup all-purpose white, 1/4 cup flax seed)
-2 1/4 tsp yeast
1) Add water, soy milk, and sorta melted butter into the bread pan. Add sugar, salt and flour.
2) Create a small pocket to put in the yeast, making sure that the yeast doesn’t touch the wet ingredients.
3) Insert bread pan into breadmaker and close lid. Plug it in and choose the “Whole Wheat” setting if available.
4) Select desired loaf size and crust color. Press start.
5) When it’s finished, let cool for ~20 minutes before slicing.