From start to finish, this took under 5 minutes to make! :] It may not look the most appetizing, but it’s great as a grab-and-go breakfast. I threw all the ingredients into a mug before going to school for my morning workout, microwaved it and bam! There you go. :O I didn’t want to microwave it for much longer, lest it get all dry and difficult to eat. Two minutes seems like the perfect consistency–moist and tastes just like banana bread (which it pretty much is)! The guy sitting next to me asked if that’s what it was and said it smelled amazing.
This is another one of those crazy meal-replacement calorie bombs, but…so many nutrients and good fats! :] It’s much better than many alternatives out there!
Banana Almond Microwave Muffin
-1/4 cup almond meal
-1 scoop Designer Whey French Vanilla protein powder
-1 banana, mashed
1) Mash the banana and mix everything together in a microwave-safe mug.
2) Microwave for 2 minutes.
It’s been way too cold this winter to continue with my morning smoothies, so I started making baked oatmeal and microwave muffins instead to warm my soul up. :O
Chocolate Peanut Butter Microwave Muffin/Mug Cake
-3 tbsp MLO Super High Protein Powder
-1 tbsp Soy Slender Vanilla soy milk
-1 tbsp hot cocoa mix
-1 dash salt
-1/4 tsp baking powder
-2/3 tbsp Peanut Butter & Co. White Chocolate Wonderful
1) In a microwave-safe mug, mix all dry ingredients together. Add egg + soy milk and mix again until smooth.
2) Add peanut butter into the middle of the mixture and press down to submerge.
3) Microwave for ~1 minute (watch it just in case it starts to bubble over!).
I got this recipe from blogilates and while I realize my version didn’t turn out to be the prettiest thing ever, it only takes about 2 minutes to make/”cook” and it’s super healthy, so why not? :D! (In all honesty, if I put more effort into it, I could probably have made it look a little more appealing, but…meh. It was my study break.
Berrylicious Microwave Muffin
-1/4 cup rolled oats
-small handful of blackberries
-1 tbsp soy milk
1) Mix all the ingredients up in a coffee mug and microwave for 1 minute. If it doesn’t look firm, microwave for 30 seconds at a time until firm.
2) Flip mug upside down and slice some berries to decorate. (Clearly, I did not do this. :x )
One of them instant-gratification super-fast and super-easy desserts!
Microwave Apple Crisp
-1 apple, sliced
-whole wheat flour
-dark brown sugar
1) Slice apple and layer into a bowl. Layer in whole wheat flour and rolled oats with softened butter.
2) Add in cinnamon to each layer (or to taste).
3) Microwave for 2-3 minutes or until apple slices soften.