I made this almost a month ago, but there were too many backdated entries to add it in, so here it is now!
I am the first to admit that my original reasoning behind getting an instagram account was solely so I could look at the food porn/stockpile even more recipes. I found Fresh Fit N Healthy because of this, and later found out that she is a fellow Recipe ReDux-er (if that’s a word)! It’s on my list of goals to try out other Recipe Re-Dux-er’s recipes, so here’s the first one I attempted! (It was part of the mother’s day dinner!)
We were super hungry, so I put less effort into making it pretty. We also grilled it instead of baking it, but I think it turned out really well! :] Super tasty and a very interesting blend of flavors.
Sweet & Spicy Dijon-Encrusted Salmon
-3 salmon fillets
-1/2 cup Fage 0% Greek yogurt
-2 tbsp Dijon mustard
-1 1/2 tbsp sriracha sauce
-1 1/2 tbsp honey
-2 Breton Gluten-Free Original with Flax crackers, crushed
-2 Breton Gluten-Free Garlic & Herb crackers, crushed
-4 tbsp walnuts, crushed
1) Mix together yogurt, Dijon mustard, honey, sriracha, cinnamon, cayenne pepper and salt. Coat the salmon fillets.
2) Combine crushed crackers + walnuts and sprinkle on top.
3) Wrap in aluminum foil and put in grill for ~5-7 minutes.
I’m joining in on the Wine’d Down Wednesday linkup/blog hop! I don’t actually drink wine (I’m missing my acetaldehyde dehydrogenase enzyme!), but it’s pretty much a way to link up a recent post and virtually mingle with other bloggers since we can’t really meet up in person, so here we are!
This was part of my make-all-the-food-in-the-world day with Monika. Recipe loosely modified from here! Makes 8 servings if you halve each fillet! I unfortunately ate them all (other than the other half, which I gave to Monika), so there’s presently no picture to accompany it. I’ll likely make it again sometime, but until then, here’s a picture-less recipe!
Sweet Dijon Swai
126 calories, 5g CHO’s, 7g fat, 11g protein, 91mg sodium!
-1/8 cup honey
-2 tbsp Walden Farms Sweet & Tangy Mayo
-1 1/2 tbsp EVOO
-2 tbsp Dijon mustard
-1 tbsp lemon juice
-4 4 oz. swai fillets
1) Preheat oven to 425.
2) Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and place each fish fillet in separate pieces of aluminum foil. Drizzle honey sauce over each fillet.
3) Wrap aluminum foil around each fillet, crimping the foil together over the top to seal into a packet.
4) Bake until fish flakes easily with a fork (~13 minutes). Top with leftover sauce from foil packet.
I’m still on my mission to (1) use up the things in my pantry and (2) make super-protein-rich recipes, so here’s the latest creation! :O It makes ~6 servings (I was food-prepping for the week). This could easily be a salad, but I didn’t feel like making a dressing and what with the bitterly freezing temperatures we’d been having, I wasn’t about to make myself any colder. ;_;
Quinoa with Salmon, Corn & Edamame
298 calories, 45g CHO’s, 6g fat, 21g protein, 7g fiber, 348mg sodium!
-1 1/2 cups quinoa
-2 cups water
-2 cans corn, drained
-2 cans skinless, boneless Alaskan salmon
-1 tsp chicken essence
~1/4 cup edamame, shelled
-1 tsp cumin
-1 tsp thyme
-1 bay leaf
-1 tsp cayenne pepper
1) Add quinoa, water and chicken essence into the rice cooker and let it cook! Add in the bay leaf somewhere towards the middle/end and let it sit.
2) While that’s cooking, add corn, salmon + all other spices into a large pot on medium-high heat. Mix everything up and let it cook/heat up for ~5-7 minutes.
3) Defrost edamame (I had a bag from Trader Joe’s) and shell. Add them to the pot.
4) Stir everything together and serve!
Continued from our hangout the other night! We didn’t broil this because we’ve uh, never broiled anything before. (I’ve broiled grapefruit before, but I was really paranoid about messing up the fish, so we decided to bake it.) Recipe was adapted from here! Next time, we’ll try actually broiling it.
Toasted Sesame Ginger Salmon
-1 1/2 lbs raw salmon
-1/4 cup EVOO
-2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
-2 tbsp rice vinegar
-2 tbsp brown sugar
-2 tbsp soy sauce
-1 tbsp ginger, freshly grated
-1/4 cup honey
-2 garlic cloves, minced
-1-2 tbsp white sesame seeds
1) Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
2) Combine EVOO, sesame oil, rice vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce and ginger in a small bowl. Whisk well. Add garlic and pour liquid in a ziploc bag. Add salmon, making sure that it’s covered in marinade + refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3) Heat oven to 425 and bake until salmon is almost at its desired done-ness (flaky and cooked through!). Add sesame seeds and bake for another 5 minutes.
I don’t have the exact proportions since I didn’t measure it out, and truth be told, I probably used a lot less than I should have in the marinade. I liked it though. :D
The salad is just a part of a bag of Kale Harvest Salad from Kroger (it was on sale!) with diced walnuts and dried cranberries. I didn’t use a dressing because I’m cool like that. (I didn’t have one on hand at the time.)
Grilled Salmon with Kale Harvest Salad
-4-6 oz. salmon
-rice wine vinegar
-freshly ground black pepper
-1 clove garlic, minced
1) Combine all ingredients into Ziploc bag and let it marinate for at least an hour (I let it sit in the fridge overnight).
2) Toss onto Foreman grill until cooked through and the fish is flaky! (This took ~8 minutes.)